Speak to an Expert Mon-Fri 7AM - 7PM CST
Incorporating years of experience in AC motor drive development, Delta introduces the innovative AFE2000. This unit is designed for a wide range of applications and it achieves outstanding energy saving results. The Delta AFE2000 does not dissipate excess heat into the air but converts it into reusable power that can be supplied back to the mains. The AFE2000 is yet another Delta product that contributes to improving efficiency and productivity and that fulfills our mission “to provide innovative, clean and efficient energy solutions for a better tomorrow”.
Delta AFE2000 Active Front End Unit advantages:
Outstanding Energy Saving Results
– Controls harmonic distortion to less than 5% and corrects the power factor up to 99%.
Environment Friendly, Reduces Harmonics, Improves Power Factor and promotes Power Regeneration
– As a replacement for traditional brake resistors: A high-watts brake resistor is usually applied to a traditional AC motor drive to absorb the excess regenerative energy generated by motor spinning and frequent braking, and then dissipating the excess energy as heat (see Figure 1).. Using brake resistors as an excess energy solution not only creates additional hardware but also occupies more space. The Delta AFE2000 series provides a new solution: instead of dissipating regenerative energy as heat, it converts regenerative energy into reusable electricity and sends it back to the mains, which reduces total energy consumption. The AFE2000 series is a cost saving and environmentally-friendly product.
Delta AFE2000 Specifications:
– Energy saving with AC/DC dual power flow control and corrects power factor up to 99%.
– Replaces traditional braking resistor for cost savings, space savings, and energy savings.
– PWM control substantially reduces peak of harmonic current wave and forms perfect sine wave current.
– IEEE STD.519–1992 standard for harmonic current distortion of less than 5%.
– Constant DC bus voltage that is not influenced by mains voltage fluctuation. Supports multiple DC bus installation.
Delta AFE2000 Applications:
– Large-inertia load applications: roving machines, horizontal spiral centrifuges, drilling machines.
– 4-quadrant load applications: cranes, cargo elevators, passenger elevators, oil production machines.
– Quick brake applications: machine tools, high-speed spindles, bag making machines.
– Long-term feedback energy applications: wind power systems and water power systems.
– Parallel DC power supply applications: logistics and storage systems, wind power systems, LED lighting systems.
– Provides excellent power quality for the communication transmission systems of Power Line products.
– Overhead Traveling Crane
Delta AFE2000 Downloads:
Delta AFE2000 Active Front End Unit technical documentations may be downloaded such as Delta AFE2000 user manual and catalog may be downloaded from the links provided below:
Delta AFE2000 Catalog
Delta AFE2000 Manual
We provide all Delta AC Drives, VFD’s, Delta AC Servo Motors, Delta Rotary Optical Encoders, Delta Motion Control Network, Delta Programmable Logic Controller, Delta Human Machine Interfaces, Delta Text Panels, Delta Temperature Controllers, Delta Industrial Fieldbus Solutions, Delta Pressure Sensor, Delta Brushless DC Motors as well as Delta Brushless DC Drives.